Some of the food choices may have a substantial effect:
- Eat less meat, choose plant food instead. Try to exchange one or two meals of beef, lamb, pork or chicken every week with vegetarian meals, or eat smaller portions of meat.
- Choose fish from sustainable stocks or farmed in a sustainable way, for example certified fish.
- Choose fruits and vegetables that store well, for example field vegetables, and choose sensitive fruits and vegetables after season.
- Eat less sweets, cakes, cookies and snacks – they have an impact on the environment but their nutritional contribution is low.
- Minimize food waste – store food properly, plan your purchases and use the leftovers!
- Learn more about eco-smart food choices and how to minimize food waste on the heading to the left.